Monday, August 03, 2009

A Week on the Edge: D5 – A day of rest

Today's been a day of relaxing and recovering , both from yesterday's epic paddle and list night's whisky. Didn't sleep great, maybe due to dehydration from drinking. Spent morning tired but chatty, chatting to Julie and Uwe who headed off in the helicopter – the end of their bird counting stint on St Kilda. Fell asleep in the afternoon for a few hours – afternoon sleeping's great – mental note: do that more often! After waking I felt refreshed thankfully. Had a shower, brushed my teeth and felt like a new man! Moved the tent as this would be my fifth night of camping, to save affecting the grass below too badly. I'd been invited for dinner by the NTS work party so went to the cottage for a great hot meal. It was a nice privilege to sit at a table, with people, drinking wine – a welcome break from camping – in return for showing some photos on a laptop: good deal for both parties I think! The group went to the Puff In after, so after sitting outside in the rain, quickly downing a pint, I went back to the tent.

No comments: