Monday, October 02, 2006

My first 'blog'












Hello

Well, what do I say? I'm 23, going into 5th year at Edinburgh Uni, doing mechancial engineering. Originally from the Isle of Barra in the Outer Hebrides. I think I'm generally an easy going person with liberal democratic political views. Quite open minded. Work as a sea kayak guide based in Barra in the summer. Want to leave Edinburgh and go somewhere else after I graduate - fancy living in Glasgow, or back on the West Coast, or maybe somewhere sunny!

So why am I starting a blog? Why does anyone start a blog? Look at my 3rd blog and I will write a quick paragraph. Before that, I have to write my second blog. Hmmm...you're confused!! Well, my reason is that I went on an adventure this weekend, and kept a journal with the aim of putting it in a blog, and in the second one, I wrote a paragraph on 'blogging' - enough said.

I am interested in what people get out of blogging, and why people do it. If you have ended up reading my blog this far, then firstly thank you, and secondly, why? I think that blogging can encourage very introverted activity, which could be a bad thing, but then it's useful for lots of other things as well. Le tme know what you think.

Kind regards,


Tom

No comments: