Monday, March 12, 2007

Final decision on patents...

I have come to a final decision about patents, and have decided that I am not going to try and get a patent for my paddle blade design - the main reason being that I have too many other things to do just now!

I would like to get back to my original idea of making the design completely accessible to the paddling public. If it is pursued commercially by a company, then it is my financial loss. However, I'm sure that most of the UK sea paddling community knows about it now, so I take credit for the initial work done on the idea.

Therefore, if you would like me to send you a copy of the report (2MBish) then I am happy to. The report contains extensive information on everything I did, including the method for locating the holes, and also photos of the blades. Hopefully there is an image of the 4 blades below which shows 3D CAD models and photos...


















If you have any questions, or would like to have a go at making them, then please get in touch.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting stuff.. I wouldn't mind a peek at your final report out of curiousity (robert dot tuley99 {NOSPAM} AT imperial.ac.uk) if you don't mind sending it through. I could also plonk it somewhere online if you wanted to be able to link to it!

davet said...

Is that the Rob Tuley from the Navigation course at Plasy last year??
Rgds
Dave Tonkin